National Poetry Month means an explosion of poetry readings in Boston and environs. The Mass Poetry Festival is on hiatus this year as they work with Grub Street and the Harvard Bookstore to open the new Narrative Arts Center in South Boston’s Seaport District. The Boston Public Library is holding its own festival April 3-7 though–details below.
Thanks as always to Daniel Bouchard for compiling these listings. Check out his new book Spider Drop from Subpress Collective.
Of special note:
- Jericho Brown at Babson, April 2
- National Poetry Month Festival with 70+ poets at the BPL, April 3-7
- Robert Pinsky at Grolier in Cambridge, April 6
- Martha Collins at Porter Square Books, April 25
- Newburyport Literary Festival, April 27
- and yours truly (Frances Donovan), reading at the Solidarity Salon at Third Life Studio in Union Square, Somerville, April 27.